ACET’s Board of Members has responsibility to;
• revise and approve the Articles of Association;
• ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
• hold trustees to account for educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the appraisal of staff;
• appoint and remove trustees.
The Board of Trustees manages the business of the academy trust and its focus is on the three core functions of governance:
• ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic implementation;
• holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the appraisal of staff;
• overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
The Board of Trustees also has two sub committees: Audit & Finance and Appraisal and Remuneration.
ACET Local Governing Bodies
Each academy has a Local Governing Body which meets every half term. Local Governing Bodies have delegated responsibilities from the Board of Trustees for:
• Ensuring the quality of educational provision.
• Challenging and monitoring the performance of the academy
• Supporting the principal in the management of staff
• Ensuring good financial health and probity of the Voluntary Funds
Local Governing Bodies have a Chair, Vice Chair and named Governors with specific responsibilities.
Please see link below for a list of ACET Governance Arrangements